The Ashburton Community Centre is a community owned and managed not-for-profit organisation offering activities and programs developed in response to the needs of the community. Established in the mid 1980s, through the vision and hard work of a group of local community representatives who are still associated with the centre in 2014, the centre has evolved into a robust, engaging activity centre on busy High Street, Ashburton.
The Ashburton Community Centre offers courses, workshops and events that primarily service people from Glen Iris, Ashwood/Ashburton, Camberwell Mount Waverley and Malvern East, but we welcome people from as far afield as suburbs such as Daylesford, Emerald and Sandringham. We invite you to visit our centre soon.
Our Centre works within a community development framework and is guided by the principles of community ownership, empowerment, community participation, access and equity, life-long learning, inclusion, networking, advocacy, self-help and active citizenship. As a direct outcome of these values we aim to build stronger communities; communities that are active, confident and resilient.
Find out more about our Centre:
- Download our latest Course Guide – July – Dec 2017 (227kb PDF)
- Download the Boroondara Neighbourhood House Short Course Guide (628kb PDF)
- Download a copy of the 2016/2017 Annual Report (1.1MB PDF)
- Download the Ashburton Community Centre Strategic Plan 2018-2020 (276kb PDF)
- Download our Financial Statements, year ending 20 June 2016 ( 520kb PDF)
- Community Needs Project – Key Findings and Recommendations (360kb PDF)
The Ashburton Community Centre is one of ten Community and Neighbourhood Houses in Boroondara. To find out more about Neighbourhood Houses Boroondara, visit the Boroondara website.
Our thanks to the City of Boroondara for their funding grant and for the provision of the premises from which we operate; our Centre although an independent legal entity, has the use of the building owned by the Council. We are also provided additional support through maintenance of the building, marketing and training opportunities.