Class Enrolment and Refund Policy
Ashburton Community Centre exists to:
- Encourage a sense of belonging to the wider community by providing a welcoming and inclusive environment where people can come to develop their interests and skills
- Be responsive to the needs of our community by developing and providing a program of classes and activities that enhance health and social wellbeing
The purposes of this policy is to regulate the enrolment and refund processes of the Centre
Class Bookings, Payments and Refunds
- The commencement of classes and activities at the Centre depends on sufficient student enrolments and is at the discretion of management.
- Payment must be made within three business days of enrolment.
- Class enrolments are only confirmed when full payment has been received.
- Where classes are cancelled by the Centre due to insufficient numbers participants will receive a full refund.
- Course fee refunds will be given if requested by participants more than five business days before the class has commenced. An administration fee will apply.
- Refunds are not available if the student withdraws five business days prior to class commencement, or after the class has commenced, however exceptional circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis with all requests to be in writing. An administration fee may apply.
- No refund or term credit will be given for missed classes.
- Full course payment is required unless it is two classes after the commencement date of the activity in which case a pro rata fee will apply. It is generally not possible to pay for individual sessions or to receive credit for absence due to holidays.
- Flexible payment arrangements can be made in cases of financial hardship. This can be discussed with the Executive Officer on a case by case basis.
- Current students will receive a re-enrolment notice prior to the end of each term which will note the due date for payments and re-enrolment.
- The re-enrolment notice is the only notice to re-enrol and no reminders will be given . Students currently enrolled in the class are given the first option to enrol in the same class in the next term.
- To take up this option, re-enrolment with full payment needs to be made by the due date unless by arrangement with the Executive Officer. Enrolments are then open to those on the waiting lists after the due date.
- Class places are not held for students unless full term fees are paid.
Enrolments for children’s classes
- Children’s classes are graded by the child’s age.
- Children must fit into the age range for the class in which they wish to enrol. Any exceptions are at the discretion of the tutor.