Seeking: Film Night Coordinator
The Foreign Film Group was started 4 years ago by two passionate film buffs who are members at the Ashburton Community Centre. It runs the first Wednesday night (from 7pm to 10pm) of every month between March and November screening a foreign film followed by a discussion and light refreshments.
There is a loyal following for the Film Nights and attendance ranges from 10 – 25 throughout the year.
The Ashburton Community Centre is seeking a new Film Night Coordinator to take over the running of the Film Group. This could be a shared role.
Film Night Coordinator – Role Description
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Coordinating films for a year
- Selection of films for a year and negotiating copyright (with support from the ACC office) or working out streaming possibilities e.g. SBS
- Room Set up
- Coordinating basic refreshments
- Managing Admissions
- Hosting Film Night
- Hosting Discussion
- Manage communication to members
- Promotion – create new opportunities where possible with support from ACC staff
Skills & Experience
- Love of films
- Confident and social
- Able to manage a small event
- Proficient in English
Induction / Training
- Full handover from current coordinators
- Ongoing support from ACC staff
- Instruction Manual provided
Benefits to Volunteers
- Connecting with like-minded film buffs
- Being integrated within a fun social activity
- Support from a friendly office team
- Free membership to the Ashburton Community Centre
- Opportunity to be creative and add their own mark to a well-established yet flexible program
This role would suit
- Any age
- Someone with daytime commitments
- Individual or couple
This volunteer role does not require any checks, licences or certifications.
If you are interested in this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 9885 7952 or visit us at reception.