Centre Re-opening on Monday November 8
It is with great excitement that we are able to re-open our Centre from Monday November 8th. In line with the Chief Health Officer’s directions, masks are currently required indoors and anyone aged 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be able to enter our Centre.
Please help us to keep the centre safe and open. We will have a COVID Check-In Marshall on site checking everyone’s vaccination status. If, for whatever reason, you are unvaccinated or you do not wish to have your vaccination status sighted, please contact us and we will support you to access to our activities online. If you are not sure how to access your digital vaccination certificate, please join our digital mentors in an online session on this or make an appointment with them to have one-one support,
If you would like further information regarding the steps we have taken to ensure a safe environment for all, here are the COVID-safe measures we are undertaking at our Centre –
COVID Safe Measures at our Centre
The Ashburton Community Centre has a COVID-Safe plan which is in line with all current Government guidelines. Please see our website for any further updates to these measures. This includes the following measures (as of October 29, 2021):
- Anyone entering the Centre needs to sign in using the QR code on display (or paper equivalent) and demonstrate fully vaccinated status if over 16 years.
- Please arrive early to enable time to Check-In as above.
- Only people enrolled in classes and activities should attend any class or activity. Roll-taking will occur at the beginning of every session and will ensure that only enrolled participants are present.
- Within the Centre, and in classes, all people should maintain a 1.5m distance & wear a mask when this is not possible.
- Please sanitise your hands each time you arrive at the Centre at one of the sanitising stations.
- Please be aware that windows and doors will often be open in classrooms to assist with air flow, please dress comfortably with this in mind when attending.
- Mask wearing is in line with current Victorian government guidelines. Disposable masks are available if required
- Please bring your own equipment to classes & activities. Do not share any equipment, especially in exercise classes.
- Our reception area will be open from Monday November 8th for enquiries and payments, however we encourage you all to use the phone or website where possible to minimise face-to-face interactions.
- All spaces within the Centre have a maximum capacity limit based on current government guidelines.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are unavailable – people are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and/or thermos or purchase from local traders.
- The outdoor deck space is available for limited number of people to socialise for a short time.
We are grateful for your understanding of these measures which enable our Centre to offer a range of activities in a COVID-Safe and supportive environment for all.