Position Available: Administration Officer
March 7, 2019
Applications close March 31, 2019
- Family friendly, part time, job-share role (initially 15 hours per week for the first 6 months)
- Ideal live-and-work local, based in busy High Street, Ashburton
- Integral part of small, dynamic and committed team
The Ashburton Community Centre in High Street Ashburton offers a range of popular courses, classes & activities, and is currently planning new and creative courses designed to attract more members. One of ten Neighbourhood Houses in the City of Boroondara, our Centre is guided by the principles of community ownership and development, empowerment, participation, access and equity, life-long learning, inclusion, networking, advocacy, self-help and active citizenship.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, this position is half of the administration team which has responsibility for all facets of administration of our Centre’s day to day operations. The wide-ranging yet flexible position covers the gamut of day to day Centre administration. This includes managing student enrolments, invoicing and room hire through internal software, basic bookkeeping functions (with support from external accountants) and managing the Centre’s amenities. There is a strong level of interaction with visitors, members, tutors and volunteers. Capability to prioritise tasks and juggle competing demands is vital.
This job-share will suit a mature administration officer who will revel in challenges, and gain significant job satisfaction through meeting them. With at least 5 years’ relevant experience, you will bring:
- Well-developed communication skills with an ability to relate to all members in the broad community
- Sound IT skills and knowledge – Microsoft Office and ideally, some knowledge of Xero or MYOB
- Strong organisational ability and able to be flexible and multi task.
- An unflappable positive approach and able to work smoothly with your job share colleague.
You will be an engaged team player who is also able to use commonsense and initiative to problem solve. Calm under pressure, you are able to rationally classify and prioritise competing demands and have strong empathy with the community-based environment.
For a full position description, please click here. Email applications including CV, covering letter and an attachment addressing selection criteria to email@example.com, by COB 31 March 2019. Please note this role will require a Police Check.