Seeking Committee of Management Members
Our bright and vibrant Community Centre based in Ashburton is seeking new Committee of Management (CoM) Members.
About Our Centre:
Our Centre is a community-owned and managed not-for-profit organisation offering activities, programs and events developed in response to the needs of the community. We offer a broad range of activities to our members and we are based on High street, Ashburton.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking expressions of interest to join our voluntary Committee of Management (CoM), contributing to the strategic direction and planning for the Centre.
We are seeking someone who can:
- Contribute to the work of the CoM, promoting growth of the Centre and community engagement.
- Attend monthly Committee meetings (evenings, third Wednesday of every month) and AGM.
- Actively contribute to sub-committees, planning and execution of events and workshops based on interest area or skill base.
We are hoping to find volunteers with any of the following skills/experience/interests…
- policy development.
- secretarial duties i.e. minute taking and emailing.
- fundraising & event planning.
- community arts.
- current/previous connection with the Ashburton Community Centre.
… and the following attributes:
- a commitment to community connections and inclusion.
- an understanding of working with a not-for-profit organisation.
- commitment to the Centre’s values and its ongoing success.
- ability to think constructively and creatively.
- effective team membership, listening and communication skills.
- a willingness to contribute to activities in addition to the monthly committee meetings.
Benefits to our Volunteers:
Committee membership provides the following fantastic opportunities:
- contribute meaningfully to your local community.
- meet and connect with like-minded community members.
- be involved in a dynamic community organisation.
- gain experience in governance and specific interest areas e.g. event planning, finance, policy development.
If you are considering bringing your skills, experience and energy to a vibrant Community Centre, we’d love to hear from you. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
For expressions of interest, please email the Committee President, Lynn Norman, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and a covering letter addressing why you are interested in the position.