The Ashburton Community Centre, reopening July 13 for Term 3
Despite the easing of restrictions which have been announced that would allow our Centre to open from June 1st, our Centre’s management has made the decision to say physically closed until Term 3.
Term 3 begins on Monday July 13 and we have begun the planning process to reopen our Centre on that date with the following safety measures and restrictions in place:
- 1.5m social distancing
- 4m2 per person space requirements with corresponding maximum room capacity for each internal space
- Contact records kept of each person within the Centre
- Strict cleaning and sanitation processes between classes
- Entry to the Centre only for enrolled participants or registered guests
- Council approval of all Centre practices
- Centre practices will abide by current government (federal, state and local) restrictions.
Even with the above practices in place, we know that many of you may still feel uncomfortable attending our Centre in Term 3. We will be offering a blended approach of both online and actual classes from the Centre. An activity will be run at the Centre if:
- the tutor is happy to run the activity at the Centre,
- the majority of the participants are happy to attend the Centre and
- we can offer the appropriate space as per capacity requirements.
If we cannot meet these requirements, the activity, if possible, will be run online or other options will be explored. Over the next few weeks, your tutors and connect coordinators will be talking about this with you to get an indication of what your preference may be.
I encourage everyone to be involved with our Centre’s activities as connecting, even online, can support positive mental health during these difficult times. It is also apparent that we need to prepare for a COVID normal for some time rather than waiting for the old “business as usual” to reappear.
Rachel Morley, Executive Officer